Friday, October 1, 2010

Ok. Top 10. Right now.

Ok reader(s), whoever is out there, and wants to participate.

I'm going to list, right now, my top 10 favorite songs and covering artist(s).

If you would be so kind, all (probably one) of you post YOUR top 10 favs (right now) in the comments area, but DO IT AS ANONYMOUS. I want to try and guess who posted what. I don't know if I'll follow up with anything from this point on, but right now it intrigues me... It pleases me.

So, if anyone cares to indulge... POST AS ANONYMOUS and have some fun.

Here's my shiz:

1. Ain't No Rest For The Wicked / Cage The Elephant
2. Little Light Of Love / Eric Serra
3. Dead Again / Type O Negative
4. 99 Problems / Jay-Z
5. Fade Into You / Mazzy Star
6. Ah! mes amis...Pour mon ame / Pavarotti
7. Wings Wetted Down / Blue Oyster Cult
8. The Court Of The Crimson King / King Crimson
9. Book Of Roses / Andreas Vollenweider
10. Vicarious / Tool


Ok.. remember... this is just right NOW. Cause I realize everyone's shit changes almost by the minute.

...and... y'all ain't gotta do shit if you don't want as well. I'll keep talkin to my damn self on here.

Now...



Piss off!

8 comments:

  1. 1.Forever in blue jeans/Neil Diamond
    2.The twist/Chubby Checker
    3.Ain't nuthin but a hound dog/Elvis Presley
    4.This magic moment/Jay and the Americans
    5.Beat it/ Michael Jackson
    6.Build me up buttercup/Foundations
    7.Soldier Boy/Shirelles
    8.The Chipmunk song/the Chipmunks
    9.Macarena/Los Del Rio
    10.Shoop Shoop song/Betty Everitt and Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a no-brainer:

    Eleanor Rigby/The Beatles
    Mr. Blue Sky/ELO
    Nessun Dorma/Luciano Pavarotti
    Hallelujah/Jeff Buckley
    The Lark Ascending/Ralph Vaughn Williams
    Poor, Poor Pitiful Me/Linda Ronstadt
    Respect/Aretha Franklin
    One For My Baby (And One More For the Road)/Frank Sinatra
    Straighten Up and Fly Right/Nat King Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side note: Had this poster not put "Here is a no-brainer" I would have had trouble. (Hallelujah?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. St. Louise is Listening - Soul Coughing
    2. Agoraphobia - Incubus
    3. The Brightest Bulb Has Burned Out - Less Thank Jake
    4. Hardcore Days and Softcore Nights - Aqueduct
    5. When I Box the Days Up - Mike Doughty
    6. Whatever It Takes - The Nightwatchman
    7. The Shock of the Lightning - Oasis
    8. Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits
    9. Deuce - The Cardigans
    10. Waterfall - The Stone Roses

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK... right now....cause tomorrow will be different for sure...
    1.I'd rather go blind/Etta James
    2.Foreplay-Long Time/Boston
    3.Get it while you can/Janis Joplin
    4.Dosed/Red Hot Chili Peppers
    5.May this be Love/Jimi Hendrix
    6.O Mio Babbino Caro/Joshua Bell
    7.Samba Pa Ti/Santana
    8.Gravity/John Mayer
    9.Raised on Robbery/Joni Mitchel
    10.In The Mood for Love/John Lee Hooker-Bonnie Raitt

    ReplyDelete
  6. did'ja figa' out who belongs to which list?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize this is a late coming response to the people who chose to participate. (And thanks for that!) I actually had trouble with these. The one that throws me the most is the first list posted. I'm totally open to peoples musical choices... but I'm thinking the first list is a joke. Not sure... But I'm just sayin'.

    The no-brainer was of course a no-brainer. I think I figured out Charles'. I also got the last one (based mainly on the mention of Hendrix, Mitchel and J.L. Hooker!).

    Tragedy hit our department and sort of zoned me out for a couple weeks, so I never got back to this post.

    ReplyDelete