Saturday, October 30, 2010

The little things... and a saw.

With the ever constant doldrums at Hell House weighing heavier and heavier by the day, I realized a drastic change was needed. Everything in my life was becoming completely emotionless; like aged dust on a sealed crypt. I was starting to fill the dusky void with anger and sarcasm, leaving little space for anything else. I had abandoned the flow of the living and evolving world, along with pretty much everyone in it. I continue to do my job well (not the best by a long shot, but above average still), as that remains the only social interaction I care to endure (and by necessity at that).

So an interesting side note is appropriate at this time:

This posting started out to be a quick, fun post about cutting some wood. Upon pondering how to start the theme, the post seemed to turn into some sort of psychology project!

I'll march onward anyway...

Hell House was in dire need of wood, as my miserly ways will not permit me to run my furnace unless absolutely necessary... and I SO dislike the COLD!

I figured instead of paying a boatload of money for a couple dump trucks of wood, I would purchase a good quality chainsaw and get myself out into the woods where I could reconnect with the ebb and flow of life.

It worked out well, and although I was using a machine, the bulk of my time was spent walking, loading, carting and stacking the wood. Plenty of time to meditate and just connect with things. Quite refreshing.

So, the end result (which was the only reason I was doing this post!)...

1 comment:

  1. You really got a lot done. You need John Boy out there with you...or someone.

    Admit it -- you were out there summoning your inner Tom Bombadil...

    ReplyDelete