Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chiller TV, The Langoliers ... WTF?!!! (and my spatula)

I settled in to watch Stephen King’s The Langonliers last night. (Was on Chiller TV; commercial channel, so I pre-taped it a couple hours before watching.)
So I’m layin’ in bed, and its not the greatest (was made for TV in the 90’s), but it was a good view for one time. So after 2 hours… its half way done… AND THERE’S NO SECOND HALF!!!

So 1:30 this morning, I’m cussing out the TV because Chiller didn't indicate that there was no second part to watch. (On the guide, it just looks like they’re showing the movie back to back. I figured they just marked part 1 and 2 exactly the same. .... yeah...)

I looked ahead and saw another double shot starting at 2 a.m. and BOTH ending by 6 this morning. So I time record the second part (which made me over-ride a bunch of settings because it kept telling me I already recorded it once.)

I got up early (about 6:30), started laundry, did dishes (yup, I left ‘em dirty last night!... I’m so proud!), then made nice breakfast for me and shit-head-bird. Plopped down to watch part 2…. And….. IT WAS MUTHA-LUVIN’ PART ONE AGAIN!!!

Went to the Chiller TV web site. Tried to find an answer. Nothing. Signed in as a member because their forum didn't seem to work. It still doesn't. You can't search. Couldn't figure out how to post anything.

Did a general search over the internet, figuring (hoping) I wasn't the only person pissed off about the second half. Sadly... I seem to be. Its that or I'm completely missing something right in front of my face.

Now here at Hell House, I realize that I'm living in some sort of vortex, however, I doubt that it reaches as far as Chiller TV. I think they messed up... or like messing with people.



The following is now a completely different issue based on a spatula and the Vortex of Hell House:

This morning as I was preparing to start some eggs, I went to the usual drawer to get my metal spatula, but it wasn't there. Mild panic ensued as I could not believe what was happening, because it is always there and always put away in the same place. I glanced over at the drain board, just to make sure (though I know it wasn't since I just did the few dishes from the night before), and then even opened the oven to look. I checked another drawer that contains back-up and rarely-used utensils, but it wasn't there either. I started removing items piece at a time from the original drawer, heart racing in disbelief.

I closed the drawer and looked all around me, breathing heavily and laughing at the silence. (Well... Aside of the bird yelling, "Let me outta here!" in the background.)

I uttered, "No way!" and opened the drawer again, and there, right on the very top of everything, was the spatula; a big honkin' spatula glistening bright silver from the overhead lighting.






5 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I can't believe that Chiller TV showed part 1 of the Langoliers, and just left us all high and dry without the second half.

    Hope they got the movie for half off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'm glad to see I'm not alone then on all this! LOL! I'm'a have to go out and buy the darn thing. Wouldn't mind having it in the library anyway I guess. Shame on Chiller TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch the second half of Langoliers and you'll know where the spatula was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Where canna I getta me somma dat invisible cream? I gotta few a,,,,, ahhhhh,,,,things, yah that'sa it, things, I wanna make a disappear..

    ReplyDelete
  5. A follow up (if you find this... Congratulations! You're really pathetic!):

    I still haven't seen the second part to this cursed movie... and the spatula remains a spatula in its place... ... ...

    ...

    ... ... except on certain nights, when it walks around the house and hums the theme song to As The World Turns.

    ReplyDelete