Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I got hit in the side of the head!

Check this...

I got hit in the side of the head (right temple) harder than shit!

We were going into this REAL remote location to discover a 3 month old dead guy. So we come to this electronic gate he had (he was a "manufacturer" to boot). As we pulled up I get out to examine the gate... straight into a broken off pine branch stub, about 4 inches in diameter, with a point, that jammed me right in the temple. I got out quick, do to the circumstances, so got struck like you would swing a bat.
So I went down, falling back into the vehicle, and did everything within my power to: a. Not pass out. b. Not scream like a girl. c. Cry.
So my head hurt like you could believe, and combined with what interesting stuff followed, made for an interesting day.

So now... I'm still having some trouble with it. Today was pretty fucked up stress wise.. and the side of my head felt like an ice pick was pulsing through it where I got hit.

I dunno why I'm writing about this... I guess to share the experience of it. Cause its sort of cool in a way. Its sort of funny.

I think I just want you to laugh at it. Its pretty funny.

Yeah.

Look at that title. Its funny as shit.

It still hurts now pretty bad.

Well.. that's it.

I just thought my site was getting stale and didn't know what to write about. It was gonna be this or why I was so fucking pissed off.

I chose this.

...Safer.

7 comments:

  1. One can get a blood clot from an accident like that. If it continues to hurt or you begin to stagger (weekend drunks don't count), I'd recommend having it checked out, maybe even a CAT scan of the ole noggin. If nothing else, be nice to see what's really in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, but frankly, I don't feel like paying out all the money it would take... I KNOW I KNOW... workman's comp. I just don't make big deals of such things at work. I checked where it said it could hurt for a month, but didn't think it would keep flairing so bad like it does at times. Oh well.. It's probably why I grow stranger by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure we need to see what's really in there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your humble servantMay 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM

    The Dr is in: I prescribe beer and lots of it the reasons are three fold. I will explain. 1- blod clots will be cleared out by the thinning of your blood. 2-It is also a pain reliever. 3-It will also adjust your attitude. Sounds like a plan give me a call I will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lord... as always... I worship the very minute spark of your thoughts...

    It shall be beer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. This is not funny. Sisiggy's comment is funny, but people can die from blows to the temple. Better get it checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Gwynne ole gal... It shall be beer...

    If I start going down hill though... I'll try to take videos and you guys can sit around and laugh at them.

    ReplyDelete