Saturday, July 9, 2011

BBQ Nightmare

I was preparing to post the events of the July 4th Celebration (from July 3rd), when... a nightmare occured. It was like the tail end of Avalon I tell ya'!

THE GRILL caught on fire. My first instinct... Grab a fuckin' camera. (Thanks Sis!) Only, I couldn't find it (and as is usual, was right in front of me in a place that is not assigned for the placement of a camera... THUS my rationale for putting everything in a certain location is now bolstered!)

So anyway... I go onto the deck and there's flames flying everywhere around THE GRILL which has seen so many masterpieces in its day! After not finding a camera and getting sickened by the sounds of burning "stuff" (paint, wood and such things that you don't want to see cooked on a grill) I decided to grab water in the coffee pot which so recently had housed an awesome batch of Cafe con leche. (2 pots actually; of water.)

THE GRILL lives, but the trauma lives. THE GRILL, however, now carries more of a scarred look, like an old soldier that has seen one too many close-quarter fights.

I give you... THE GRILL... photographed just after the FIRE OF 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Well...

    At least you didn't sit on the floor and start laughing hysterically like we did for the exploding toilet fountain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. best propane gas grills under $300

    ReplyDelete