Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wakeman's Grove Invitational Blues Jam, Part 2

Now prior to attending the WGIBJ, and after posting my initial post about prepping the ribs, I Googled the event. Aside of finding an immediate link to the post I had just authored, I found some hits, and managed to find one with Johnboy playing some congas. I won't embed the "movie" here, but if you're that hard core, here's the link to it:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45332942
Evidently that was from a song back in 2o08, and after what I saw, I vowed that night I would not be caught dead near those conga drums.

The event kicked off slow, as events like that often do, which is totally to be expected. Leo, the host, and his family were extremely nice people, and it was nice meeting them.
The evening waned and live music eventually started making an appearance. Personally, my favorite artist of the evening was an aspiring, eccentric guitar player and singer who was really on to something somewhat refreshing. Sort of wish I had his name, as I'd give him the credit due. He's got talent he can do something with.

Leo did awesome playing a slide, and Chris (a real blast from the past) remained clean and open to fill in with whatever was needed on bass. (Not fair to comment on my own brother, my readers KNOW how I view his expertise and his music preference.)
Well, those were the musicians that I personally found note-worthy among the ones I observed, and there were quite a few.

One may, but probably not, wonder what happened to the ribs... LOL... I couldn't tell you. I departed. From what I heard, upon my departure someone started hacking them up into pieces and trying to grill them individually. I'm sure the taste probably worked, but any semblence of tenderness would have taken a dive out the window. So my appologies to the Leo family for not having them done in an adequate time frame.


Thought about asking how much Leo was selling his bike for though.






Ok readers.... Piss off!








No comments:

Post a Comment