Friday, September 17, 2010

Wakeman's Grove Invitational Blues Jam, Part 1

Ok... It seems because I'm a friend of a friend (or more like a brother of a friend), I will be attending the 9th Annual Wakeman's Grove Invitational Blues Jam.
I'm'a document this shit.... as its bound to have some good war story shit by the end of it all.

This blog entry merely addresses some preparatory work regarding the event.
I was in a slight panic over the title at first (Yadda Yadda Invitational?), as my golf game sucks; especially since my shoulder is pretty much shot and my right elbow is completely shot to hell-n-gone... However... I've been assured this is a musical event. ... ... SWEET!
As I am not known by the host, I was concerned about showing up, and thus wanted to make sure I contributed as best I could. Now Leo is "Grillmaster" of this event. That's not a title to be taken lightly. I don't think I've ever even dared take on such a title, so I'm a little skittish with my contribution.

I chose ribs.
When Art (ooops...) When Johnboy related this info to Leo, it was indicated that I could assist with the grilling. Now this leads to some additional anxiety, as I'm nervous about rubbing anyone else's rhubarb, so to speak. Hell, the last thing I wanna do is infringe on the cooking expertise of a gracious host! I am assured that all is cool.

All I was hoping for was a shot at some jamming on some percussion at some point until my right arm falls off and digging some sweet music. Maybe some enchanted jam or two.
Well... RIBS it IS! It started out with a small problem, as they only had two racks of the big boys, but my hope was for four racks. I substituted two additional baby-backs.

So here we go dear reader(s).... I did a paste rub... almost jerk-like... let that shit sit in for about a half hour... then finished them all off with another dose of a total dry rub. With the up and coming transport to Leo's tomorrow...I wrapped the ever-livin' shit outta them pork fuckers in the hopes that the jerk/rub will meld nicely. The smell seems pretty good for a jerk/rub... nothing overbearing, and if nothing else, the aromatic aura is one of a only slight sweetness, but more woodsy and primal. So I'm feelin' good about it.

The recipes some (one) of you may wonder? Ahhh... That would be the property of Mr. Nick himself. So sorry.
So here's my "Oh-Shit" all wrapped up and ready for transport in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment