Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Birdseye, Steamfresh, Meals for Two!!!

One more time:
Steamfresh, Birdseye, Meals For Two: Roasted Chicken in Honey Chipotle Sauce

Those of you out there who know me, also KNOW that for me to post an article about certain foodstuffs, that its either gonna be really good or really awful.

So here's my story:

I hesitantly decided to include, among my collection of Birdseye frozen vegetables, the above named meal during my last shopping trip. I thought it might be nice to cheat one evening and fix myself an already prepared frozen meal. Not being accustomed to eating these things, I figured it couldn't be all that bad. I also figured that since it was Birdseye, it would actually be pretty good. They usually do very well with their fresh frozen veggies.

My first warning should have been that you microwave this thing. I didn't heed said warning though.

Sunday night came and I thought it would make a nice easy meal. Popped it in the wave, and a short time later the bag (after turning it a couple times) was ready for opening.

So I dumped it onto a plate and gave it a sniff. The aroma was not pleasing, but not sickening.

Then I dug in.

and.... then....
"HO-LY SHIT!!!" I said aloud to no one at all, except my white fucking walls (of which I won't go off on about here because its a very long story which wouldn't end nice, and which I did actually post on here once, but removed it w/in 24 hours because of its vehemence toward others).

I have NO idea to this day what Birdseye was thinking, or what chef managed to get this mess past quality control. The peppers were slimy, the chicken over cooked with a nasty seasoning, and the sauce tasted like thick cleaning solution.

So what did I do?

I took another bite of that shit because I couldn't believe my fucking senses!

Unfortunately my senses were tuned in just fine. Same slimy, thick cleaning solution over noodles.

I started laughing at the horrid plate of shit before me and did the next thing that came to mind; taking a picture of that pile o' shit!

So, anyone out there that is considering any of these Steamfresh meals: DON'T DO IT! I know I didn't try any of the other ones, but I have a REAL strong suspicion that that thick cleaning solution is gonna be all over the other ones too.
I now present to you the contents of my plate before being dumped into the trash.
Hey Birdseye! If you want me to, like, say, REMOVE this worthless blog entry... I could use a few months of your fresh frozen veggies! Until then, I'll just boycott you guys for awhile and spread the good word on Steamfresh!


Even sounds like what you gotta do after a big meal.... Man.... that shit I took was STEAMFRESH!


PEACE to my loyal readers who are welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment