Friday, July 3, 2009

It was only a matter of time... Thank you Sisiggy!!!

Usually my long and detailed dreams in the morning hours reflect something relating to my job. Because of a really good day on Thursday, however, my work stress level dropped real low for a day. This left a gap in my rigid dream sequence creating a vacuum.

Occasionally these vacuums are often filled with really weird feeling dreams of back home.

I present to you, that which my SISTER is responsible for!!!

I am back home in the back yard, and the feeling is both pleasant (for being back home) and disturbing (because this visit is dim and almost colorless, it is dying slowly, it is lonely). Our patio was there, but barren of any furnishings or items. The flanking flower beds contained nothing but dead, gray dirt. Old grave dirt. A hammock flanked the longest section of flower bed, and in the hammock was our mother, but though intact, she was reminiscent of the rest of the yard. There was no interaction and no sound. There was hardly any movement... save... the bird.

There was what seemed to be a dead bird lying in the vacant flower bed, and my essence slowly closed in on it from behind. I reached out to stroke its feathers lightly and sickly realized it was still alive. It was dying. It slowly started crawling forward, and became the only thing to acknowledge me in this dream... It was the mutant bird, only he was twice as large, and he was dying and crawling slowly.

I had had enough and woke myself up. Feeling a bit sick and a little ill at ease I made a mental note to remember all of it so I could SHARE IT!!!

I gotta go now and hang with my new buddy in my back yard.

1 comment: