Saturday, April 21, 2012

PAST WRITING

Originally titled: One Month Away
Originally written:  Circa 3/1/2012
Just discovered 4/21/2012.
Justtification for dragging it out now:  Looking around my fucking blog site! GEEZE!  Bet I could throw this fucking laptop over that mountain.



Groundhog day has sort of taken a turn. For me it now includes the addition of my regular job coming back into the picture. It was a mildly difficult adjustment. I had to quickly teach myself to completely turn off any type of worry or thoughts of the restaurant so I could use all my mental resources where they belong at the time. I have that balanced out pretty good now.

I figure Sis must still feel trapped in the land of Groundhog Day; as the cafe is the ONLY thing she still must focus on day in and day out. Everyone else has an escape.

A funny aspect of this wild ride is how Sis and I tend to slide into our own panic modes when business is slow for a day or two, and how we're ready to unfurl flags and strike up the band when the tide turns toward the better.

The cafe itself is way too small for what we would like to be doing. Dreadfully small. ... Actually... So fucking small that I find myself just short of screaming to be able to implement what I would like in this business. I have a better bead on what we are now truly capable of accomplishing, though I still have my doubts on occasion that we'll keep up this momentum. I find those doubts slowly fading though.

Everyone brings something to the table. What is brought to the table by everyone is almost always for the passion of making the business a success. Literal blood, sweat and tears have been invested. The exhausting work feels good though. Pure. Our attitudes are in the right place in that our goal is to provide for and be a part of the community that sustains our business. It is a pleasure and a priority to serve to the best of our ability.

Now... All of this I mention ...

(I do not know the original text that followed this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment