Thursday, December 29, 2011

Painting Drum Beat On Walls

No, its not an attempt at a clever title. It is what me, the Snowboyz and Heir (put number here) spent the evening working on.

The cafe needed a little more pizazz so the administration decided to get a color close to the counter tops. It was a no-brainer when the color "Drum Beat" was discovered to be close enough.

"Drum Beat" is also the most unforgiving color I have ever worked with in my life. I was hoping that today it would look much better then it did last night. However, its in bad shape. It will take another coat or two (which I'm planning to work on tomorrow night). Overall you can already see how much warmer and inviting the place is. So I don't regret the decision.

The past couple of days saw some major advances. Here's the quick run down (as we continue to document the ups and DOWNS.... DOWNS DOWNS DOWNS... DOWNY DOWN DOWN... Morrrton DOWNey Jr.... DOWNsyndrom!... DOWNNNNN town, things'll be great when you're DOWNNN town!... ... ... there's been a lot of DOWNS!)...but ah!.. the runDOWN:
-FEIN comes in.
-Last major banking transaction takes place.
-Application in and paid to health dept.
-Nice, beautiful, new restaurant equipment ordered (via Dirtman, aka Dirtymon!) (this also being the most exciting shit so far!)
-New coat of paint and a slightly new look (almost).
-Inventory completed.

So, not a bad few days progress-wise. Most of the time I don't feel this way, but this evening all is cool.

So kiddies, thats it in our series that may be titled: Why To Stay The Fuck Away From Starting Your Own Business, but would rather see: This Is The Reason I Listened To The Few Positive People In My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment